Thursday, October 22, 2020

28 Easy Beginner Vegan or Plant Based Eating Recipes that Even Your Grandma Will Love



Transitioning into vegan eating, or even cutting back on meat consumption can be overwhelming. How much hummus can a person really eat before they feel like ho-hum?

This collection of recipes will have your mouth watering regardless of what you are in the mood for. Mexican? We have you covered. Italian? Oh yes! Asian? Absolutely! I personally qualified each of these websites and recipes. Some recipes are not vegan as they stand, however I’ll give you the tips on how to make them vegan.

I hope this compilation of recipes makes that thought (What am I going to eat?), diffuse into the past. Follow us on Pinterest for more ideas, too!

#1. Chopped Greek Salad (minus the feta). I adore Greek food. The flavors pop, the textures meld wonderfully, and this recipe is one I make frequently without the feta. If you want, you can add some tofu crumbles and squirt some lemon or lime on top for that same feta flavor.

#2. Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos: Completely vegan and will get you through your worst Mexican food craving like a vegan pro!

#3. Dandelion Pesto: This one is my recipe. You can always switch out the dandelion greens for your favorite greens and enjoy the Italian flavors.

#4. Dandelion Greens Salad: With a kick of seaweed, this has an amazing Asian flavor with fresh ingredients. If dandelions are out of season, try using kale, spinach, or your favorite greens.

#5. Mexican Cauliflower Rice: You can purchase cauliflower rice in Trader Joe’s for little to nothing and skip the making rice step. This is easy to put together and will certainly be a staple you’ll frequent.

#6. Mushroom & Greens Saute Over Pasta: I love my dandelion greens! They aren’t just free, they are incredible for your health. Remember you can use any kind of greens you prefer.

#7. Vegan Basil Pesto Over Pasta: If you are a frequent reader, you know if basil were single, I’d be locked down in basil marriage. This recipe took me years to perfect and it will not disappoint the pesto curmudgeons.

#8. One Pot Vegan Fettuccine: (This site has a lot of annoying ads, but this recipe is worth having to click them off your screen.) When you need a heavy carb load, this is perfect!

#9. Crockpot Mexican Quinoa Tacos: (A word of wisdom about quinoa: RINSE IT HARD.) I have so many people saying they don’t like quinoa because of the acid taste. That taste is from improper rinsing. If you are unsure about how much to rinse it, soak it, and then rinse it. That will dispose of the hard saponins that cover the quinoa seed. I love to make this with red quinoa.

#10. Vegan Breakfast Bowl: Oh yum. Oh—- just yum. (Again, rinse your quinoa!)

#11. Buffalo Chickpea Pizza: You will not miss the chicken. I had this in the restaurant. This is completely amazing. It will take some time to put the sauces together, but oh is it worth it. Did you know you can purchase chickpeas without the skins?

#12. Orange No-Chicken Over Rice: Love orange chicken? You are going to Adore this recipe! Served with rice, this is one of those rare perfect combos. You’ll never miss the chicken!

#13. Pho Soup: I still think the best Pho restaurant I’ve been to is in Seattle called Pho-King. Haha (a little Pho humor). But really, it’s a place. Pho is easily made vegan. Check out this version and grab your rice noodles here.

#14. Vegan Lasagna Soup: (This is another annoying ad site, but the concept of lasagna soup needed to be included in this ultimate list!) I haven’t made this one yet, but I will this fall/winter.

#15. Baked Black Bean & Sweet Potato Flautas: Switch out the cheeses for a vegan substitute and you have a vegan winner! I prefer the Go-Veggie brand of coconut cheeses, both cream cheese and all their shredded options. Grab your black beans here.

#16. Pulled BBQ Carrot Sammies: You may be thinking— wait, what? But I’m serious, you will feel the texture difference in your mouth however your taste buds will be happily impressed. I use this Vegan Organic BBQ sauce.

#17. Vegan Broccoli Salad: I live off of my own version of this. It is a staple and I’m never without it. It is so filling that you won’t need much. I also use dried cranberries in mine.

#18. Portobello Vegan Beef-Less Stew: Those chilly nights need this!

#19. Grilled Zucchini Hummus Wrap: My favorite flavors, in a wrap (minus the cheese). When I make my version of this, I use guacamole as my cheese with a sprinkling of nutritional yeast for the cheese flavor.

#20. Spicy Black Bean Burgers: You know, burgers were my favorite food before going vegan. This recipe will launch you into your past. Never miss burgers again. Black beans are such a huge staple for the vegan kitchen.

#21. Vegan Mac & Cheese: The ultimate comfort food, vegan style. I like to use this artichoke inulin pasta. It isn’t gluten free, but it digests like it is for those who can have gluten but don’t care for that heavy feeling.

#22. Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Pizza: Throw a little Hawaii in your cuisine. Hawaii has such a broad spectrum of flavors going on at once, you are sure to love this!

#23. Chickpea No-Tuna Salad Sammies: So I have to tell you, I saw this and said to myself: I can’t believe I didn’t think of this! It’s delicious.

#24. Chickpea Vegan Meatloaf: I was never a big meatloaf fan, even when I was eating meat. But I am a Huge chickpea meatloaf fan! This is one to take to any kind of event with meat eaters. They will want the recipe!

#25. Quinoa Chili: (RINSE YOUR QUINOA!) And then enjoy!!

#26. Zucchini Fritters: Oh I love zucchini fritters!! My kids fight over these. Your kids will love them, too!

#27. Vegan Sloppy Joes: There are so many versions that you can make with this recipe. Use the beans that you love, or mix it up and use a blend.

And my last share is my one secret weapon to making every salad, taste amazing. I don’t care if it’s broccoli, kale, ice berg, or chard, this recipe is awesome-sauce. Literally.

#28. Strawberry Dressing: This is my recipe and my treasure. I always keep strawberries on hand to make every couple of days. My son who swears he hates most vegetables or anything *green* will douse his veggies in this dressing and then say: Well, it isn’t green anymore. *Mom wins*.

Want More? Grab a copy of my book Plant Based Eating Made Simple!



No comments:

Post a Comment