Thursday, October 22, 2020

How to Grow Medicinal Sage Indoors and Outdoors for Healing and Health



Sage is another big favorite of mine. I’m known to always have a sage leaf in my pocket. Whenever I walk by my sage garden, I pick a leaf and play with it. Sage makes me feel so zen-like that not even my ex mother in law will put a damper on my day.

You can certainly start your sage garden from seed (and I have) but it is much easier to start a sage plant from a cutting. When I root a sage cutting, I just use a glass of water until the little root fibers begin to show, then I plant them in moist potting soil to establish their roots. Be sure to water the young plants regularly until they are fully grown so that they don’t dry out. Prune the heavier, woody stems every spring. It’s best to replace the plants every 4 to 5 years to ensure the best quality.

Sage is great for the treatment of night sweats, excessive salivation (as in Parkinson’s disease), profuse perspiration (as in TB), anxiety and depression. Externally, it is used to treat insect bites, skin, throat, mouth and gum infections and vaginal discharge.

Learn more about Herbs in this Free Course!

Grab some Sage seeds here and sprinkle them among your garden beds and flower beds. They make great flower and rose companions.

Grow an Indoor Garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment